Re: Ext2 or Ext3 for Audio?

Yes, it is possible to make 2 or more partitions on each disk and configure each pair (hda1-hdb1, etc) with a different raid; however I think the boot partition needs to be raid1.

It's really an easy task with id done with debian-installer; I cannot say what the multimedia performance is, since I used it for GIS only. But I can say that write/read performance on raid0 was really big, and there were no disks fails on 3 years of use (well, disks were new at the time)

Regards,
Roman

Mark Knecht wrote:

I believe it's even possible to make 2 partitions on each drive, and
configure a raid-0 array with the first set and a raid-1 array with
the second set.  I haven't tried this out for performance-testing, but
it should work.  If you make the raid-0 big enough for typical
recording, you can move the data to the raid-1 after your done.

Regards,
	Hein Zelle