Re: [ann] CAPS 0.4.0

Tim Goetze wrote:
[David Haggett]
Can't get it to compile on x86_64 (running SuSE 9.3 which is old). I get the following error:

g++ -O3 -ffast-math -funroll-loops -Wall -fPIC -DPIC -I/usr/local/include -c Eq.cc
In file included from Eq.cc:31:
Eq.h: In member function `void EqIIStub<Channels,
  Bands>::start_cycle(d_sample**)':
Eq.h:137: error: syntax error before `;' token
make: *** [Eq.o] Error 1

If I remove Eq.cc and Eq.h, and the references to Eq and Eq2x2 from interface.cc it compiles without errors, but haven't managed to get it to install yet. (Ladspa looks for plugins in /usr/lib64/ladspa, but when I copied caps.so in place of the previous caps-ng.so ardour wouldn't start.

any guidance gratefully received.

Have you also updated line 54 in interface.cc, reading

#define N 38

That's the total number of plugins, so if you remove 2 of them, it should read 36 instead. CAPS does an assert() to make sure the number is right (because if it's not things can get quite nasty, and I often forget to update it when adding plugins).

But instead of all this, you can apply this patch:

http://quitte.de/dsp/caps_eq_x86_64.diff

(with patch -p1 in the CAPS directory.)

I just ran a compile test on an AMD 64 with debian's g++ 3.3.5, and it failed with the same error you reported. With the patch applied, it builds and loads fine -- and you don't lose the Eq plugins.

Tim

Hi Tim.

I got this error too, and your patch solved it. But even if I'm running on a AMD 64, my distro isn't 64bit (It's Slackware 10.2). =-O

c.

--
http://www.cesaremarilungo.com