[LAU] Re: Re: DAW usability

Jan Depner:
(and is fixing it as we speak).  My advice to those who are not
satisfied with Ardour is to 1) give money to the developers, 2) learn to
code and get to work on it, 3) learn to code and write your own DAW, or
4) go whine elsewhere.

No, I can not agree with this. We must be allowed to point out what we think is wrong with ardour without doing 1, 2, 3 or 4. If someone thinks something is wrong with any of my programs, I really want them to tell me so, and I don't require any money or code contributions from anyone. And I'm pretty sure Paul Davis, Thorstein Wilms, etc. thinks so too.

There are more or less polite, and more or less constructive ways to complain, so to suggest that you should never tell the authors of Ardour that you are not satisfied with it, is just plain stupid.