Re: [LAU] building Freecycle for x86_64 ?

James Stone wrote:

Did you install qt3-apps-dev?

Yes.

I give up. In all the years I've been compiling apps for Linux I've never had so much trouble with Qt except on Debian systems. Qt had a perfectly good method of allowing multiple versions to coexist nicely, but Debian's policy has trainwrecked more builds than I care to recall. I like Debian otherwise, but I truly despise their policy towards Qt. I inevitably wind up wasting a lot of time setting and resetting environment variables, linking directories and subdirectories, rewriting include statements, et cetera ad nauseam.

Setting QTDIR on a Debian system normally involves this export:

   export QTDIR=/usr/share/qt3/

But of course that doesn't work in this case.

Any further advice or suggestions ?

Best,

dp