Re: [LAU] Skype and multiple sound cards ?

Florin Andrei wrote:

I would like to use the USB preamp as the default output for everything (including Skype), and the onboard Intel chip as the microphone input for Skype. Any idea?
Some tweaks to .asoundrc perhaps?

As an alternative, I wonder if it's possible to enable Skype to detect the onboard card, while keeping everything else on the USB preamp.

This way I could continue to use the headphones connected to USB for music, and I could just use the onboard sound card with a cheap headphones / microphone combo just for Skype.

Actually, I think I prefer this version better. :-)

--
Florin Andrei

http://florin.myip.org/