Re: [LAU] Seq24 jack transport anomalies.

On 5/31/07, Lars Luthman <lars.luthman@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
On Thu, 2007-05-31 at 15:53 -0400, Paul Coccoli wrote:
> On 5/31/07, Dave Phillips <dlphillips@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> > Brian Dunn wrote:
> >
> > >Does anyone else out there get into frustrating situations with the
> > >seq24 jack transport features? [snip]
> > >
> > Short answer: Yes, I have the same problem with seq24. No matter what
> > settings I use the best I can get is the "cursor stuck in the middle of
> > sequence icon" behavior. But some people swear it works perfectly for them.
> >
> > And of course no time to help debug it further now, sorry.
> >

> Me too.  Have you tried using another master?  I think I usually have
> to do something stupid like run jack_transport in a terminal, make it
> the master, set the tempo, and use the play and stop commands in
> there.

I don't know anything about SEQ24, but it shouldn't matter which client
calls the play and stop functions.

--ll

But it does.  If seq24 is the master, it just doesn't work.  If
jack_transport (or ardour) is the master, it does.  On my system,
anyway.

jack-audio-connection-kit-0.101.1-12.fc5
seq24-0.8.7-5.fc5