Re: [LAU] Octaver or fuzztone effect

On 5/26/07, Georg Holzmann <georg.holzmann@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Hallo!

> I'm actually a keyboard player with a korg triton classic and some
> relatively good guitar sounds ;-). I found some schematics for building
> a cheap fuzztone, but I've got plenty of excuses for trying to do this

can you show this schematics ?

I think a fuzztone is only a simple waveshaper (?) - this could be made
quite easy in e.g. PD ...

Sure, here's two versions:

http://www.geocities.com/CollegePark/Library/1355/tonemachine.gif
http://www.geofex.com/FX_images/foxxfuzz.gif

Pretty simple, but I live in Brazil and getting these parts may be hard and I am currently tight for time. Here's a guy who actually built these and has some tips:

http://www.slinkp.com/pw_toys/foxx

Still trying to do this in software though for now. Any ideas?
Robert