Re: [LAU] building a debian system for audio

Paul Davis wrote:

I am very disappointed to hear that the Debian package is using
SYSLIBS=1. This means that we will refuse to support any Debian users
that have issues with Ardour. The Debian packager(s) have been told
about this in the past, and we made the consequences of their choices
clear.

Hmmm. being a long time debian user, this doesn't sound good to me.

Which distro would you recommend for pro audio work? How are studio64 doing in this area? How often is it released? Gentoo/proaudio overlay? Slackware? I had rather disappointing experiences with rpm based systems in the past, this might have improved, but I'd still rather avoid rpm based systems...

--
peace, love & harmony
Atte

http://atte.dk       | http://myspace.com/attejensen