Re: [LAU] My First Recording

On 5/21/07, David L. Craig <dlc@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
I have uploaded my first recording to
http://www.myspace.com/davidlcraig and am very
interested in what people here think.  I played
into my Digitech GNX-3 and audio connected it to
my replacement Delta 1010.  That is hosted in a
Netfinity server running Debian/Sid.  I used Ardour
to resync the WAV files and then rerecorded the bass
part.  Finally I editted out the count-in, exported
the mix to a WAV file, and used lame to encode the
MP3.  All the effects come from the GNX-3.  All the
tracks are uneditted--I don't believe in punch-ins.

Hey cool, notice you are in Montgomery Village... I'm just up in
Germantown. Good to know there are other Linux audio enthusiasts in
the area!

Good guitar playing on your track... What are you using for the drums?
They sound a bit thin. Have you ever tried using Hydrogen?

-- Brett