Re: [LAU] Plea for metadata in ogg/mp3s of made-with-linux music

Thorsten Wilms wrote:

On Wed, May 16, 2007 at 07:34:30AM -0400, Dave Phillips wrote:
Also one called "adagio.ogg" which sounded like old Tangerine Dream messing around with an Arp string machine.

Not sure about that one, could you send it to me via email or post it somewhere ? I'll know right away if it's one of mine.

I think that's a nekostring demo from Gordon JCP.

It's "Adagio for Strings" if I don't mix things up (seems to be somewhat famous, but I wonder if such a generic name can be unique). William Orbit (producer on Madonna's Ray of Light) did an electronic version of this classical piece.

Yes, now I recall Gordon's version.

That famous Adagio For Strings is by the 20th-century composer Samuel Barber. It was also used in the movie Platoon.

It's a pity that people don't know more of Barber's work, he was a good composer.

Best,

dp