[LAU] Re: Advice / Listeners needed

Arnold Krille:

Hi all,

I do have kind of a strange situation here: A band is currently recording
their first (and probably last) album at my home studio. In parallel they
started a webpage and since one of their songs doesn't really fit on the cd
(different mood) this song will be published on the internet for free...

That song is finished. At least that is what I think. The one playing the
violin isn't happy with the performance. And knows that he can't do any
better. But for some songs we have a cello and now he wants to have his
violin-parts replaced with cello playing the same.

Very nice song, good mix, clean recordings. But I think the percussion stuff should be removed (don't know why, just sounds bad), and the pad synth sound should be played with a lot more expression, its really boring. Good singer though, and I don't think its a problem that some of his vowels are german-sounding. Perhaps his voice is a tiny bit overcompressed here and there, but its not important. And I didn't notice anthying wrong with the violin.