Re: [LAU] A while back someone was looking for an audio player that works fine with Linux?

Jostein Berntsen wrote:
On 29.04.07,23:37, david wrote:
Awhile back, someone on the list was asking about an MP3 player type of thing that could also be used as a portable music recording device.

An audiophile friend of mine has an iAudio LX5 or XL5 (something like that, I forget the last part of the model). It has a very very clean stereo line-in connection, and can record audio as FLAC or WAV. He's been using it to digitize his collection of vinyl albums. Tonight we listened to the digitized version of a performance of Handel's concerti grossi (the vinyl is over 40 years old). The digitized sound quality was marvelous.

It works beautifully with Linux - just plug in the USB cable and his Linux systems see the 30GB hard drive with no problems.

Think the model is X5. Linux is supported it says on the company's web site:

http://www.cowonamerica.com/products/iaudio/x5/

Thanks for the reminder! He has the X5L, which is the X5 with a much larger battery. As soon as I heard it in action I wanted one!

--
David
gnome@xxxxxxxxxxxxx