Re: [LAU] Syntheway VST plugins for Linux

Lars Luthman wrote:

On Wed, 2007-04-25 at 08:39 -0400, Dave Phillips wrote:
... the author has indicated FST-compatibility for his work, complete with recommended system requirements.

That's a pretty bold statement, especially for something he expects
people to pay money for. Aren't there lots of variables other than the
JACK, Wine and FST versions that could break the compatibility?
Perhaps, but those would be general problems that would likely affect the performance of JACK, Wine, FST, et al. Do you have specific variables in mind that you think would create incompatibility issues ?

Note that he calls for FST 1.7, but I used 1.8 (requires lashd). I also used a different version of Wine, nor was my JACK version what he recommends. I think he's safe as long as those softs remain compatible with each other.

He doesn't mention the hardware platform either.

Well, it's pretty much gotta be a 32-bit system, probably Intel/AMD-based only, right ?

I tested the plugs on an 800 MHz Duron, not exactly a swingin' machine.

Best,

dp