[LAU] xruns from GeForce 7300 GS video card

I built a computer to run Linux and Ardour. I installed a GeForce 7300 GS video card in it. With help from Paul Davis and others on the LAD forum, I was able to get jack/ardour/hydrogen/etc working. However, xruns problems make these programs unusable. I think the video card is causing the xruns, because they go away after about 15 seconds of no motion with the mouse or files in the GUI. As soon as I move the mouse or open a popup menu or anything else, the xruns return and sequire several seconds to go away. With this card I am also getting long streams when I move things around on the Windows desktop. The ghosting also happens in Ubuntu, but is not as severe. I have read a little about changing interrupt priority at http://lowlatency.linuxaudio.org/ , but I could use some guidance and opinions on what to do. I plan on installing Ubuntu Studio when it comes out in a couple of days.

    I have a Gigabyte GA-965P-DS3 mobo and a Pentium D-930 processor.

Thanks,

Dave