Re: [LAU] rumble, motor-like sound. What frequency to set notch filter?

millward wrote:
I'm trying ot clean up a WAV file that has a low sounding rumble, motor-like sound, sort of up and down. It's lower than the bass line. I'm finding this
hard to describe in words.  I'm using the Gnome Wave Cleaner and its got
a notch filter but I don't know what frequency to set it for. I do know people
hear from about 20 Hz to 20,000 Hz, on a good day, so would maybe 50 Hz
to 100 Hz would be a good start?
"up and down" sounds dynamic, so you either need a wider range or several. The best way is empirical: try a wide range and a deep cut of where you believe the sound to be worst. After that, adjust it narrower and listen for the offending sound and also move the center freq around until you hit it. Then experiment with the deepness until you get it to where you are happy with the compromise (compromise because you are affecting the sound of the program, of course.)

--
brad fuller
http://www.Sonaural.com/