Re: [LAU] QWERTY to midi?

Frank Barknecht wrote:
Hallo,
Josh Lawrence hat gesagt: // Josh Lawrence wrote:

I would like to trigger samples with a qwerty keyboard.  I am aware
that freewheelin will allow loops to be turned off/on with a qwerty
keyboard, but I am looking for more one-shot sample triggering.  It
would be nice to be able to assign multiple samples (whether loops,
one-shot, etc.) to different keys and be able to trigger them by
pressing the key.  Is this possible?  If so, what applications can be
used to do it?

This is really easy to do in Pd. In workshops I explain this on day
one usually. Attached is a simple example patch how to trigger one
sample with a configurable key. Just open it several times if you need
more samples/keys, then you need to learn the keys for each one
sperately. The patch can of course be improved in several ways, e.g.
by using a better sample player like my [play-samp~] or [samp10~]
from the RTC-library for Pd.

Ciao
Another option Josh, is vkeybd.  Viz:
http://ccrma.stanford.edu/planetccrma/mirror/fedora/linux/planetccrma/5/i386/repodata/repoview/vkeybd-0-0.1.17-3.rhfc5.ccrma.html