Re: [LAD] Re: [LAU] Thinkpad R60 for Audio Update - Firewire Conflicts with Audio

Florian Schmidt wrote:
On Tuesday 10 April 2007, Pieter Palmers wrote:

The IRQ handler 'vectors' are called by the hardware, and these call the
IRQ handler functions registered in the kernel. Ingo's patch makes these
handler functions run in separate threads that are scheduled at a
certain priority. These IRQ handler functions then determine what module
the IRQ is for/from, and run the IRQ handler for that module, at the
same priority as it was scheduled itself.

What I propose is that the IRQ handler priority can be set for each
module irq handler, instead of for each 'global' irq handler.

Yes, that would be nice. I'm pretty sure Ingo thought of this before himself.
me too actually ;)

I suspect practical reasons [i.e. too much work] for this not being implemented. Am i right, Ingo [CC'ed]?

I don't think it's that much work, but there might be caveats that are not really apparent on first sight. If this isn't the case, I might try and cook up a patch that can trigger the open source process.

Pieter