Re: [LAU] Thinkpad R60 for Audio Update - Firewire Conflicts with Audio

Dmitry Baikov wrote:
On 4/10/07, Pieter Palmers <pieterp@xxxxxxx> wrote:
The newer FireWire devices (based upon DM1500 or certainly DICE) will
exhibit much lower latencies. I don't have figures on that yet, I'll try
and see if I can get some... I expect something like 50-100 frames of
extra latency, for a total of around 150 frames. This is quite
comparable to the PCI cards.

Yay!!! This is MegaCool!
When/if it become true, I'll switch to Firewire, immediately :)
Pieter, may be I should join your team to speed up the process?
I would definitely welcome you aboard! And it would certainly speed up the process :).

My (ex) M-Audio Delta66 (PCI) gave 188 frames at 64x2@xxxx
MultifaceII (PCMCIA) gives about 200 frames at the same settings  (do
not remember the exact number).

Let's say that FireWire has the potential to be very comparable to PCI.

Pieter