Re: [LAU] Re: That must suck. For me it's about beauty --musicisjustone path

Joe Hartley wrote:
On Thu, 5 Apr 2007 16:53:23 -0400
"Ivica Ico Bukvic" <ico@xxxxxx> wrote:
Again, depends upon the context. John Cage wrote a famous piece 4'33" which
is four minutes and 33 seconds of silence in three movements. How about
buying a CD of that one? . . .
That being said, no one is preventing you from making such a CD and claiming
it is a work of art.

That's not true, the holders of the publishing rights expect their cut:
  http://www.cbc.ca/arts/story/2002/07/02/silencea020702.html

Headline:
  Music publisher claims copyright on silence

And I always thought that ten percent of nothing was nothing.

I am shocked, to say the least.

c.

--
http://www.cesaremarilungo.com