Re: [LAU] Re: [ANN] JackMix 0.3 hits the shelfs

Arnold Krille wrote:
Hi,

2007/4/1, Dragan Noveski <perodog@xxxxxxx>:
Lars Luthman wrote:
> On Sun, 2007-04-01 at 15:32 +0200, Emmanuel Saracco wrote:
>
>> Le dimanche 01 avril 2007 à 15:25 +0200, Dragan Noveski a écrit :
>>
>> [...]
>>>>
>>> hi arnold,
>>> as suggested by another poster here, i am trying building jackmix and
>>> the gcc/g++ are both v4.1.
>>> i get following error:
>>>

>>> nowhiskey@murija2:~/software/nove/jackmix/jackmix-0.3$ scons
>>> scons: Reading SConscript files ...
>>> Checking for uic:  uic was found as /usr/share/qt4/bin/uic
>>> Checking for UIC version                       : fine -  Qt User
>>> Interface Compiler version 4.2.1
>>> Checking for moc:  moc was found as /usr/share/qt4/bin/moc
>>> Checking for rcc:  rcc was found as /usr/share/qt4/bin/rcc
>>> Checking for the qt includes : ok /usr/share/qt4/include
>>> Checking for jack...yes
>>> scons: done reading SConscript files.
>>> scons: Building targets ...
>>> g++ -o backend/jack_backend.o -c -I/usr/share/qt4/include -Wall -Werror
>>> -g -fpic -O2 -DNDEBUG -DNO_DEBUG -Ibackend -I. -Ibackend -Ilibcore
>>> backend/jack_backend.cpp
>>> cc1plus: warnings being treated as errors
>>> libcore/guiserver_interface.h:14: warning: 'class
>>> JackMix::GuiServer_Interface' has virtual functions but non-virtual
>>> destructor
>>> scons: *** [backend/jack_backend.o] Error 1
>>> scons: building terminated because of errors.
>>> nowhiskey@murija2:~/software/nove/jackmix/jackmix-0.3$
>>> am i missing something or is it an bug in the code, what do you think?

Well, this is a bug. And it is not a bug. :-)

It is not a bug, only some nitpicking compiler complaining (its a
warning after all) about a non-virtual destructor which wouldn't get
called. But sinced it is an empty destructor this isn't a bug.
It is a bug, because I did not disable all the debugging code (-Wall
-Werror) before releasing the thing. Maybe I will do a 0.3.1 in a few
days that fixes these little things.

than running:
scons configure extraincludes=/usr/local/include/:/usr/include/
libdir=/usr/local/lib/:/usr/lib

Why do you need extraincludes and libdir? for qt you should use qtlibs
and qtincludes. Everything else is (should be?) handled by pkg-config.

Please try again with just calling "scons configure && scons".
hi arnold, this is how it looks like, when i run scons configure && scons:

nowhiskey@murija2:~/software/nove/jackmix/jackmix-0.3$ scons
scons: Reading SConscript files ...
Checking for jack...(cached) yes
scons: done reading SConscript files.
scons: Building targets ...
g++ -o jackmix/jackmix jackmix/main.o jackmix/mainwindow.o -Llibgui -Llibelements -Llibcore -Llibmatrix -Lbackend -L/usr/share/qt4/lib -ljackmix_backend -ljackmix_core -ljackmix_mixingmatrix -ljackmix_mixingelements -ljackmix_gui -lQtCore -lQtGui -lQtXml -l-L/usr/local/lib -ljack -lpthread -lrt
/usr/bin/ld: cannot find -l-L/usr/local/lib
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
scons: *** [jackmix/jackmix] Error 1
nowhiskey@murija2:~/software/nove/jackmix/jackmix-0.3$

and this is how it (does not) works, after applying the patch from lars with patch -p1:

nowhiskey@murija2:~/software/nove/jackmix/jackmix-0.3$ scons
scons: Reading SConscript files ...
Checking for jack...(cached) yes
scons: done reading SConscript files.
scons: Building targets ...
g++ -o jackmix/jackmix jackmix/main.o jackmix/mainwindow.o -Llibgui -Llibelements -Llibcore -Llibmatrix -Lbackend -L/usr/share/qt4/lib -ljackmix_backend -ljackmix_core -ljackmix_mixingmatrix -ljackmix_mixingelements -ljackmix_gui -lQtCore -lQtGui -lQtXml -l-L/usr/local/lib -ljack -lpthread -lrt
/usr/bin/ld: cannot find -l-L/usr/local/lib
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
scons: *** [jackmix/jackmix] Error 1
nowhiskey@murija2:~/software/nove/jackmix/jackmix-0.3$

looks both the same...

but running scons i still get this error:

nowhiskey@murija2:~/software/nove/jackmix/jackmix-0.3$ scons
scons: Reading SConscript files ...
Checking for jack...(cached) yes
scons: done reading SConscript files.
scons: Building targets ...
g++ -o jackmix/jackmix jackmix/main.o jackmix/mainwindow.o -Llibgui
-Llibelements -Llibcore -Llibmatrix -Lbackend -L/usr/share/qt4/lib
-ljackmix_backend -ljackmix_core -ljackmix_mixingmatrix
-ljackmix_mixingelements -ljackmix_gui -lQtCore -lQtGui -lQtXml
-l-L/usr/local/lib -ljack -lpthread -lrt
/usr/bin/ld: cannot find -l-L/usr/local/lib
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
scons: *** [jackmix/jackmix] Error 1

as additional information, two days ago by a fault i deleted the
/usr/share/aclocal dir with all the scriptes inside of it!!
could it be that this is now missing on my system?

No, because aclocal is from autoconf (ac = autoconf) and I am not
using auto* anymore. So while other apps might probably be broken now
(don't drink and su!),
i was not, i wanted to copy the content from /usr/local/share/autoconf into /usr/bin/auticinf ad to remove the loclal one, creating an symlink which shows to /usr/share/autoconf, but than i removed the wrong one.

i think, for a newbee the things gets only worse, when he gets some routine in it!

cheers,
doc
JackMix should build just fine :-)

Arnold