Re: Create high-pitch noises like the mosquito device

On 3/30/07, listreader <listreader@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
I saw the mosquito device that will annoy younger
people, but not older people:
 http://www.compoundsecurity.co.uk/teenage_control_products.html

Its pretty expensive.  How would I begin to create that
from scratch?  Can a sound-card generate those frequencies?

I imagine I would need a special speaker.
How about an amp?, does that also need to transmit the
higher freqs.?  Is it like going from a bass amp to
a guitar amp? (and I need to keep going?)

It would likely be easiest to just make an electronic device like the
one in the article...  Use a 555 timer (or other simple oscillator)
hooked up to a small audio amp, then to a tweeter.

I know, I know, not a Linux solution...  ;-)

-TimH