Re: ¿La revolución informática realmente revolucionará la música? Linux Audio Conference 2007

Lee Revell wrote:

One post like this makes 1000 "how do I make JACK work" threads worthwhile.

Unless you've been around long enough to recognize its argument as a tired thread from the 1950s. Same old, same old, whether it's a critique of the Darmstadt composers, the post-Cage movement, or the later Soho musicians. For that matter, it read a lot like Henry Pleasants' old book against modern jazz.

Now if you really want to get into it, check out Slonimsky's "History Of Musical Invective", it's a compendium of the bad reviews received by famous composers. My favorite quote was from Max Reger, responding to an unhappy reviewer, something like: "Dear sir, I'm sitting in the smallest room of my house, reading your review. I have it before me now, but soon it will all be behind me." (Sorry, I don't have the book here.)

Best,

dp