Re: Peak Level Monitor/Limiting

2007/3/29, Folderol <folderol@xxxxxxxxx>:> As many of you will know I principally use ZynAddSubFX to generate most> of my sounds, so I can't really be sure if this is a Zyn problem or a> general one with software synths and mixing.> Very occasionally I get high amplitude spikes typically 6dB above the> 'normal' peaks. These give a false idea of the signal level so that if> I'm not watchful I end up recording at a much lower level that I need> to.
Whats the problem with recording at lower volume? As long as there isno da/ad involved you won't have any quality-loss.
But I prefer to work with hot-signals too. ;-)
Arnold
-- visit http://www.arnoldarts.de/---Wenn man mit Raubkopien Bands wie Brosis oder Britney Spears wirklichverhindern könnte, würde ich mir noch heute einen Stapel Brenner undeinen Sack Rohlinge kaufen.