Re: Re: csound5.05.0 wont compile with alsa1.0.14rc3

Steven Yi wrote:
Hi Dragan,

I just downloaded alsa-lib-devel 1.0.14rc1 which came in from yum
upgrade and I got the same issue as you.  For a fix, in
csound/InOut/rtalsa.c, I added this just before the #include of
csdl.h:

#ifndef _POSIX_C_SOURCE
#define _POSIX_C_SOURCE 1
#endif

which got it to compile. As I'm not familiar with the above macro,
I'll be asking the csound developer's list in a moment if this is the
correct solution, but this should work for you to get around compiling
now.

steven

hi steven, that hint helped here too!

i talked to victor lazzarini as i met him at the LAC last weekend, and he told me that it is not necessary to compile csound with alsa in order to run csLADSPA, but i feel much more better when csound is compiled with alsa. i think that is just a 'religious' thing for me.

thanks for the effort and cheers,
doc