RE: Re: B3 emulator

Not sure if this would be practical, but would there be a way of
adding the Beatrix synth engine into Bristol as an "alternate B3"
sound?

I would be quite happy to make the existing interface be a front end beatrix, this is an awesome emulation and considerably more advanced than the current bristol algorithm. The main issues I see would be an alsa and jack midi and audio interface. Bristol has most of that now although I am not sure if it would be interesting for bristol to subsume beatrix totally, more just using brighton for the GUI could be the best option. The benefit of not putting beatrix in bristol is that enhancements to beatrix itself should not really be a separate stream to a bristol implementation, however I very much doubt anybody else would want to maintain an integrated bristol desig

I actually have this code and will have a look at how much work it would be to have them interact.

unless there is some major inherent problem with Bristol
which I don't know of.

Bristol is pretty much tied into its existing midi and audio interface libraries that link primarily to OSS audio/midi, ALSA audio/midi and Jack audio. This program uses its own audio and midi interface and a tight integration would be problematic - it would have to be a separately maintained stream and that is exactly what author wanted to avoid with the mildly restrictive license. These interfaces would have to change to make this a useful emulator - a jack interface is a minimal requirement.

As I said, I don't see why this should be an emulation of the bristol audio engine however the GUI might look pretty enough to justify it driving beatrix.

Nick.

FREE pop-up blocking with the new MSN Toolbar - get it now! http://toolbar.msn.click-url.com/go/onm00200415ave/direct/01/