Re: Alsamixer not storing levels...

I'm doing it all via command line. No KDE or Gnome at all. I will
invocate it, modify the settings, esc out and then immediately bring
it back up and see that none of my changes took...

Ugh.,

_mike

On 3/19/07, Lee Revell <rlrevell@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
On 3/19/07, Mike Lyon <mike.lyon@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> So while running Ubuntu Edgy, I bring up alsamixer as root to adjust
> my levels. I set them accordingly and then esc out. All is good,
> right? No. So I bring up alsamixer again as root and it defaulted back
> to it's original values. It won't save any of my values.

Weird.  Are you running KDE or Gnome at the time?  They may poll the
mixer and restore the levels themselves.

Do you wait or do anything else between alsamixer invocations?

Lee