Re: laptop noise (was Re: intel core 2 duo and amd turion 64x2)

On 3/12/07, M P Smoak <smoak@xxxxxxx> wrote:
On Monday 12 March 2007 06:37 am, Malte Steiner wrote:
> I solved the noiseproblem with balanced/ symmetrical audio cables
> together with card and mixer with symmetrical connectors, in this
> case a Hammerfall Multiface and a big mixer but some of the small
> ones like Tapco and Behringer should have balanced inputs too, I know
> that the small Yamaha Mixers dont.
>
> Cheers,
>
> Malte

Our practice group bought 2 small Behringer mixers a couple of years
ago and have be very glad we did;  a MXB1002 (5 xlr's) and a UB802
(2 xlr's).  Our previous setup was a Peavey powered mixer with un-
balanced inputs.  Difference is like night and day.  Price was very
reasonable here.

Marv

But are the outputs to the computer balanced?  I'm pretty sure the
main outs on the UB802 are not balanced.