Re: (very) low-end recording solution

steev wrote:

Recommending new hardware isn't completely out of the question

At the risk of shooting my leg of, I'd say if I were in your friends shoes I'd prefer a simple, rock steady solution. A comsumer mp3 player with a record-to-mp3 feature + a good microphone (I have a stereo pair that sounds really good, forgot their name, look like walkman-style earplugs, cost me arround 150 euro if I remember correctly).

o boot time, no movable parts, no hardware noise, fits in a pocket, no setup, just a few buttons and potentionally more stable than any computer-based system.

Audio must however be edited on a seperate system, but any os should do there for simple cuts and so...

--
peace, love & harmony
Atte

http://www.atte.dk      | quintet:      http://www.anagrammer.dk