Re: laptop noise (was Re: intel core 2 duo and amd turion 64x2)

Greetings:

Not sure if anyone mentioned this: Have you checked each mixer channel for noise ? I've found that the CD channel and another channel (AC97?) on my SBLive mixer produce an incredible amount of noise that disappears entirely when those channels are muted. I don't know what channels you have available on your audio chipset's mixer, but you should check each one for noise.

CD channels seem to always produce much noise, probably due to the cheap drives I buy.

Best,

dp