Re: Filtering out sounds?

On 3/9/07, terrence@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx <terrence@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
        This might sound like a *really* odd question, but here goes.  I'm
also looking for a strictly command-line program.  I have some old tapes
that I'm converting to MP3s so I can get rid of the old cassettes.  One of
these is a tape on which I can't stand the sound of my own voice.  If such
a program exists, I'd love to be able to feed my voice into the program
and then have it filtered out, or at least obscured from, the recording.
Am I shooting at the moon or can this be done?

I'm sure it's possible to get close - I think this is what karaoke
machines do.  No idea how though.

Lee