Re: Midi recording

terrence@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:
Timidity does also have a way of splitting midi-out. If you do "timidity -Qx,y,...", where x and y etc. are the channels you want to mute. Or, the other way round, you could do "timidity -Q0,-x,-y,...", which will mute everything except the channels you specify with the dashes. I've been pretty satisfied with the airfont soundfont, but I can't remember offhand where I found it.

Just found that same set of switches on the weekend. Almost works :) I found that timidity strips off any leading silence on each track, so once again one has to sync things up. I can't see anything in timidity to fix that???

I finally found the proper incantation to use a soundfont file with timidity. Simple, and is probably in the docs ... I was trying to do it from the command line and I could not get it to work. But, just moving the .sf2 file to the /usr/share/timidity directory and creating a single line timidity.cfg file with

	soundfont "fluid.sf2" order=0

seems to work. I'll grab the airfont file (now that I know that I can play a .sf2 file life is simpler) and try that as well.

Best,

EMAIL: bob@xxxxxxxxxxxx
WWW:   http://www.mellowood.ca