Re: audio/video player for theatre use anyone?

I've had good experience using PD to run theatre sound. I haven't done
any performances where I also used video(I've usually used my crappy
old laptop) but i had the whole show programmed to respond to my
Behringer control surface, so the operator didn't even need the
computer to be open to run the show. It had a combination of chased
cue sequences and more manual controls. It was kind of hacked together
though, so I've been meaning to put together a more systematic and
extensible system for doing just this. Once I get it together I'll put
an announcement out.

In case you werent aware of this, the reason I was fairly sure you could do it in Pd, was because someone already did it in Max/MSP. Cricket is a very popular theater sound playback software written in Max/MSP, and while I am not out to duplicate an interface, that one is pretty decent for examples of functionality.

Unfortuantly it is not open source, though I have not contacted the author about seeing if it might run in Pd, but the GUI I am fairly sure would not unfortunatly, which would be a limiting factor of course.

But at any rate, the thing is, in my ideal situation something using Ardour would be what I would want, it is just as I mentioned, I don't think at this point it is the best idea.

         Seablade