Re: Survey about exporting audio sessions

2007/2/26, Thorsten Wilms <t_w_@xxxxxxxxxx>:> I'm working on concepts for a new export dialog in Ardour.
I got used to the one present in 0.99.x. Only the selection of thefilename could be nicer.
I would like to hear of your needs regarding final mixdown> /export using any software, not just Ardour.>> - Do you export once in the end, or do you do tests in> between?
The musicians want alpha- and beta-versions of the songs in betweenstudio days, so I create several versions before final mixdown.
- Do you work with stereo and/or multi-channel?
Stereo. I would love to produce surround-music but currently we aim for:
- What are your targets: CD, DVD, Web?
CD and Web for teasers.
- File-types: WAV, Flac, Ogg, MP3?
All of them! ;-)
But I am well satisfied if ardour stays with exporting to wave andletting conversion and compression be done by other apps.
- Bits and sampling rates you need?
16/44.1 and up.
- Do you or would you like to export to several formats at> once? If yes, which exactly?
No.
- Do you know of outstanding solutions in any application?
I didn't use anything else than ardour for some years now.
- What problems do you run into?
hydrogen doesn't support freewheeling. So I have to record the drumsbefore exporting...
- Wishlist items?
Make hydrogen support freewheeling. :-)
- If you use Jamin, do you feed it with multitrack material> or rather with mixdowns?
It becomes a pre-fader-insert on the master-bus fairly late duringmixing. Or when mastering the cd as whole...
Keep on hacking,
Arnold-- visit http://www.arnoldarts.de/---Wenn man mit Raubkopien Bands wie Brosis oder Britney Spears wirklichverhindern könnte, würde ich mir noch heute einen Stapel Brenner undeinen Sack Rohlinge kaufen.