Re: ANN: JOST, a simple host for native VST

On 2/27/07, Tim Orford <orford@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
On Mon, Feb 26, 2007 at 10:33:04PM +0000, Chris Cannam wrote:
> That could be why we're so
> short of developers.

So where to go from here? Are there enough developers interested
in the big picture to end this perennial problem and discuss a
solution for the thousands of Cubase users that dislike MSWindows
(for example)?

Applications like Rosegarden and Ardour and have made huge
progress, but the sad fact is that it is not enough. Can us
audio guys succeed where video, 2d, and 3d graphics have failed?

A solution to what problem?  What *exactly* is missing from these
applications?  I see a lot of people writing off entire apps with
vague complaints like "I don't like it" or "It crashes sometimes".

Lee