Re: Firewire-Success

sevol wrote:
Pieter Palmers wrote:

Can you put these two files in the same directory, and run the freebob_debug_log.sh script as follows:

(as root)
# ./freebob_debug_log username verbose.log > out.log

then send me the verbose.log and out.log files.

You can also try and take a look at the out.log file, it will most likely indicate the problems.

Hi Pieter,

Thanks for responding. However, I must be a little stupider than I thought because bash say *No such file or directory* when I enter your input. & it keeps saying it no matter where I put the two files or what directory I cd to. So, I can't give you the logs because there are none to give you.

there are two things you can do:

run it with bash:
# bash ./freebob_debug_log.sh username verbose.log > out.log

or make it executable first:
# chmod a+x freebob_debug_log.sh
# ./freebob_debug_log.sh username verbose.log > out.log

two notes:
1) I made a mistake in the command line I wrote in the previous mail: I forgot the .sh suffix. The correct line is
# ./freebob_debug_log.sh username verbose.log > out.log

2) replace 'username' in the command line with the username of the user that is going to run the audio applications (most likely your own username)

Pieter