Re: supported midi drum pads

On 2/8/07, esa.linna@xxxxxxxxxxx <esa.linna@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Joshua Boyd <jdboyd@xxxxxxxxxx> kirjoitti:
> On Thu, Feb 08, 2007 at 02:24:26PM +0200, esa.linna@xxxxxxxxxxx wrote:
> > Mathieu Sauve-Frankel <msf@xxxxxxxxxx> kirjoitti:
> > >I'm looking for some drum triggers that will work well with linux.
> > >
> > >So far I am interested in purchasing either an Akai MPD16 or MPD24
> > >or a Korg padKontrol. Does anyone on this list have experience running
> > >any of this hardware ? I would be interested in hearing about your
> > >experience.
> >
> > I am happy with cheapo Millennium MD70 Digital Drumset.
> > http://www.emvg.net/esa/garage/img017.jpeg
>
> Does that thing let you attach kick and hihat pedels?

Yep, they are included. Only bad thing is the that the pedals doesn't have velocity control in them.

It has also built-in speakers and it works also with batteries! The included sounds are horrible, but hey, my kids love it too.

I have a Yamaha DD55, which has kick and hh pedals, and MIDI in/out.
The included samples aren't too bad.  The only two gripes I have with
it is that:
1. velocity is a little touchy, and definitely isn't linear.
2. there is a bit of "bleed through" (e.g. if you hit the snare hard,
you may heard a little cymbals)

Other than that, works great.

-TimH