Re: Exporting Muse tracks to an audio file

linuxmedia4@xxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:
When I need to record drum parts, I use Muse that triggers samples in Hydrogen or Specimen. Unfortunately, in this situation, Muse's 'Bounce to File' function doesn't allow me to export to an audio file (to use in ecasound) because this only works with Muse's built-in soft synths or soundfonts loaded into Muse (unless I overlooked something).

rj@xxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:
Actually MusE can add arbitrary audio sources to the mix, not just softsynths. Right click in the track list and select Audio-Input. Connect this input to the softsynth output and off you go. In this situation it is best to unconnect the softsynths routing to the soundcard since this is not needed and will interfere with your listening levels. Most softsynths have a setting to skip this step.

Regards,
Robert

Very nice... I finally got time to try this. What a great feature. It (not only) achieves the main goal, but now I have one "main volume" for my tracks. I appreciate that you reminded me to unconnect Specimen's routing to the soundcard. I probably would have overlooked that.

Thanks for explaining this feature, and for all the work you've done on Muse.

Rocco