Re: gstreamer, rhythmbox, and mp3

This interested me... How is it that they have a 'legal' MP3 codec for Linux?-> They paid some royalty?- I doubt it'd be as straight-forward as that.... ??> Is it a commercial codec?? :o Curious.....
Just ask Christian (by nick Uraeus) at irc.freenode.net/#gstreamer.AFAIK, They stroke a deal, for MP3 codec it was propably easy, becauseMP3 patent owners claims you can use MP3 codec for free in open sourceapps. For other codecs you must pay 7 Euros or for packages it wasmore than that. Check out www.fluendo.com Webshop for prices.
They all are meant to be _legal_ (properly licensed, specifications,etc.). That is whole catch with Fluendo offer. For anyone living insoftware patent regime and dealing with big Linux desktop migrationsit is very good offer, I think.
-AL.>

-- mortigi tempoPēteris Krišjānis