Re: gstreamer, rhythmbox, and mp3

2007/2/6, carmen <_@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>:
On Tue Feb 06, 2007 at 09:33:03AM +0200, Peteris Krisjanis wrote:

> >I've been warned by a number of Linux folk to avoid GStreamer.
> >

> Sure, you can avoid Gstreamer, no one will force to use that. What I
> am surprised about - and why I write this reply, usually I am in
> reading mode of this very useful mailing list - that Gstreamer gets so
> much badmouthing not even caring to check out lastest progress.

i actually checked out and built SVN before badmouthing it :)

So how it comes that we have totally different expierences with it?

the jack sink IS welcomed progress. i think we should all embrace it, as a 'desktop and pro apps can peacefully coexist' solution..

Highly doubt that, I am using JACK and it rocks on it's own merits,
but it is definetly hard to provide it as usable solution for
non-geeks.

Cheers,
Peter.