Advice about dithering

        Hi.
        Could the wise members of this list give me an advice ? :)
        Is it a good practice, or even useful, to activate dithering in
jackd when exporting a session to a wave file in Ardour ?
        And which kind of dithering is the most efficent, or the most
commonly used, between the three types available ?  I imagine that the
same type must be chosen in Jackd and in Ardour, if the two ones must be
activated...
        Thank you very much in advance,

Y.