ZynAddSubFx waveform export would be nice / Re: Commercial "clone" of ZynAddSubFX?

Folderol wrote:
On Sat, 3 Feb 2007 01:01:18 -0500 (EST)
Larry Troxler <lt@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

On Fri, 2 Feb 2007, Ken Restivo wrote:
Wish there were a way to approach all the talented hackers who are unfortunately wasting their time working on trying to crack it, and instead get them a copy of the Zyn source, to revamp it from scratch and make it RT-safe.
Zyn isn't RT safe? Could you elaborate or point to a link? I remember reading something about this, and was hoping to use it for live performance.

  Larry Troxler

I have heard several comments to this effect, and also that the code
in Zyn is 'a nightmare' however I have not heard anything specific that
one can really get a handle on.

While I agree the GUI is poor and could do with quite a lot of work, I
don't know about the rest, although there are changes I would like in
the way voice banks are managed.
This all causes me quite a lot of concern. I find that Zyn gives
unparallelled results, and conceptually most closely matches my grasp
of sound. I am concerned about talk of unspecified jack problems, and
also the lack of any visible development by the originator.
I, personally, would be willing to expend a great deal of effort to
help revive Zyn, and would be quite happy to put my hand in my
pocket as well.

What would be nice for me if there was an export feature for the source waveforms it produces (the ones that are made by constructing a spectrum with a bandwidth for each of the harmnonics). Then I could use them in PD or Csound or ??? .

Anyone else here have this thought (or alternatives)?

Larry Troxler