Re: short piano review )for linuxsampler)

On 1/28/07, Julien Claassen <julien@xxxxxxxx> wrote:
Hi all!
  There was just recently a discussion about pianos, I now bought the "Old
Lady" from pmi (post musical instruments) and I feel it's a nice opportunity
to give a very short review.
  Btw. If you like it, until feb. 3rd there's a discount of 50%!
  It's a Steinway Model D from 1923 sampled with 10 layers (10layer keyrelease
and pedal-down included). This all seems to work without a problem under
linuxsampler. It's available in gigasampler version 2 and 3. The gs2 loads
without a problem. They said, that the piano is bundled with IRs (Impulse
be. I doubted if I could use those. But wonderful: Even they work. The IRs are
sent as .wav-files. So you can take them and either process them in realtime
through Fons Adriaensen jace or in non-realtime through csound.
  I just thought it might be nice to know, for I didn't know that much before
and would have liked to do so. btw. I tried using the piano with both
linuxsampler 0.3.3 and 0.4.0. It was both ok.
  Kindest regards HTH.
         Julien

I'm interested by this IR thing. Are they embedded in the gig or given
as separate files ?
Cheers,
Marc-Olivier Barre,
Markinoko.