Anyone have any opinion on CMS?

Hiya,

I didn't want to post here until I actually had something to show off a bit but basically the story goes like this... I had some webspace I wasn't using so I registered www.linux-studio.org (nothing meaningful there at the moment) with the idea of setting up a... (save the rotten vegetables for a minute!)...

... forum. Specifically I want to put up a sort of blog on the front page with easy access to forums from there. Since combining a blog software with a forum can be tricky to get up as well as admin I thought I would look at an integrated solution in the form of one or another CMS (Content Management System) that can provide both in a small, efficient package.

So if anyone out there has experience with CMS and can either recommend or recommend against any particular package that would be well suited for such a task I would be very happy to hear your opinions! There are a ton of them out there and it is quite time consuming to try them all and compare. I've been using the excellent resources at http://www.opensourcecms.com to try some of them out... it lets you try any one you like without installing it on your server first. I'm currently leaning a bit towards Geeklog and Jupiter CMS and an IT guy I asked recommended e107 but lots more testing to do before I know which is the right one for sure.

Furthermore I know I'm not the only one on this list that has entertained the idea of a linux forum dealing with audio software. If any of you read this and might be interested in putting in a hand to try and build such a monster please feel free to email me directly if you like.

Thanks for all the fish,

Jon Hoskins