scripted cat of wavefiles

Hi

I'm in the process of making a cd with my linux based compositions. I'd like the compositions to float into each other with small atmospheric interludes. I make interludes and compositions as separate wave-files that needs to be spliced together. Since they are still redone all the time, I don't feel like chaining everything together by hand, lowering volume of interludes (that are normalized) and making markers for cd tracks just to get a demo-snapshot of everything.

Is there a tool out there that will do this for me, or should I simply write a small script in python?

--
peace, love & harmony
Atte

http://www.atte.dk      | quintet:      http://www.anagrammer.dk