Re: Monitoring (processed) input during playpack in Ardour

Paul Davis wrote:
On Sun, 2007-01-28 at 15:14 +0000, Cesare Marilungo wrote:
Is there a way, in Ardour (I've just compiled 2beta10), to listen (monitor the input of) a track while playing back the other tracks with software monitoring (and thus having the input sound processed in realtime through some ladspa effects)?

I can hear the input while recording (obviously), but sometimes I want to play over the tracks I've already recorded without recording a new track. This is how other DAWs I've used behave.

Options->Monitoring->Software Monitoring
perhaps?

people also get confused by the action of Auto Input, which just goes to
show you can't please all of the people all of the time - many studio
engineers want auto input and can't understand why systems don't have
it. so you might try turning that off and see if the behaviour becomes
more clear to you.

--p

In fact I've been confused by this default behavior. If I turn 'Auto Input' off, everything works as I expected. It's sad that I've discovered this functionality only now.

Thanks.

By the way, the Ardour 2 GUI is really nice and clean. And it gets better at every release.

Also, I'm happy to see that the fundraising is going well.

-c

--
http://www.cesaremarilungo.com