Re: sample rate question

On 1/16/07, Mark Knecht <markknecht@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Aaron and I are buddies so it's always fun to point out the other POV.
;-) In the end he's probably right though. :-)

At the outset I'll state that mostly I record at 44.1K. My issue in
the past has been that all frequency resamplers seem to cause negative
artifacts to my ears. When I record at 48K I like the sound, but when
I down-sample that material to 44.1K I find I don't like the sound as
much as I do if I just recorded the same material at 44.1K in the
first place.

If there were a way to record at 441x48000 sample rate, all our
problems would be solved.  Until then, it is possible to record on two
machines at the same time, though I don't know how useful that would
be.
-Chuckk