Hi

I have strange problem: half the time when I load a song the sound is heavily distorted. If I leave jack running, kill all sound generating apps, and load them again, the sound might or might not be distorted.

I found that the more apps and the lower the latency I have the more likely is the problem to occur. So to me it seems like some kind of racing condition that screws up jack, and hope there is a cure...

Here's one of the scripts that I use to load a song:

#!/bin/bash
specimen --clientname main meditation.beef &
zynaddsubfx -r 44100 -l meditation.xmz &
sleep 2
ardour meditation/meditation.ardour &
muse meditation.med &
read