Re: LAD/LAU/LAA/Consortium/...

Predrag Viceic wrote:

I would even suggest the usage of a forum (à la php-forum) for information sharing. Those forums would allow multiple topics (LAD, LAA, LAU, Ardour, Rosegarden, MuSE, Jack, ... ) and in the same time facilitate the research, the tracking of topics and the most important thing, would allow the linux newcomers to see all the work done in those lists.

The idea of forcing the abomination called forums on long time users of the list has already been discarded.

I hope that I'm not irritating anyone by suggesting the above, but we are all conscious of the fact that linux audio is still a niche "market" so having an unique point of access to the posts would really be awesome.

There's nothing wrong with a site where one can go and use something like Google to find individual posts. A lot of lists I'm on have searchable list archives accessible that way, often provided by the list server software they're using. That doesn't require use of a forum.

--
David
gnome@xxxxxxxxxxxxx