Re: Fedora 6 x86_64 short report

Hi all,
2007/1/13, lanas <lanas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>:>   Here are my results/impressions after trying Fedora 6.>   Here's the machine>     AMD Athlon(tm) 64 X2 Dual Core Processor 4600+<bla>
Well, congrats!
But: Why is it such a surprise to have these things going on a(mostly) uncustomized installation?
I am running a gentoo-install with just gentoo-standard versions on anamd64 in 64bit mode for over a year now. And I do semi-professionalaudio with my tascam-usb-device with low-latency since the beginningwith this thing. And everything works without any problems, at leastwithout any 64-related issues.
While it is interesting to here success-stories from people withstrange hardware, I don't think neither 64bit nor an smp-machine arethat rare. So its no wonder everything works there...
Have a nice weekend,
Arnold, preparing for his firewire-interface to arrive
-- visit http://www.arnoldarts.de/---Wenn man mit Raubkopien Bands wie Brosis oder Britney Spears wirklichverhindern könnte, würde ich mir noch heute einen Stapel Brenner undeinen Sack Rohlinge kaufen.