Re: OT: more about (laptop) hum

Hello,

>  He said he just tosses
them and buys new.

What a waste

So ask around the studios, broadcasters, ... in your area, if you can solder or are willing to learn how. Might be able to get some free that are repairable. I'm probably going to buy a soldering rig and re-learn something I learned about 1958 but haven't done in 30 years.

If you're in the US or Canada, contact me offline; I got a few I'll give you if you'll fix some for me. I can't seem to toss bad cables. Must be something about how scarce things were when I was growing up; we fixed things that broke or did without.

Thats a good attitude and I think its comming back. Thanks for the offer but I am from Germany. I used to solder my own cables in the 80s/90s but gave it up and usualy order them with new equipment. But I never tossed out any, I still repair cables on my own.

Cheers,

Malte

--
Malte Steiner